DRAWING NOW ART FAIR
The DRAWING NOW Art Fair is the leading contemporary art fair in Europe dedicated to drawing, created by Christine Phal, the President and Founder, in 2007.
Every year in March, the international art fair hosts more than 70 international galleries that are selected by an independent committee of art professionals. Exhibitors present over 400 artists and nearly 2,000 artworks that show the diversity of drawing from the past 50 years up through today. Both collectors and art enthusiasts are invited to discover works by emerging and more established artists.
The Fair’s team, headed by the director Carine Tissot and accompanied by the artistic director Joana P.R. Neves, prepare year-round a rich and varied program for springtime, so they can share their passion as widely as possible.
The Drawing Lab is a private art center dedicated to contemporary drawing that Christine Phal, a patron of contemporary drawing and founder of the DRAWING NOW Art Fair, launched in 2017.
The nonprofit organization’s program is determined by an art committee, including
- Daria de Beauvais, senior curator at the Palais de Tokyo in Paris
- Agnès Callu, researcher at the Institute for Aesthetic of Arts and Technologies (Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne/ CNRS)
- Sandra Hegedüs, founder of SAM Art Projects and collector
- Elsy Lahner, curator at the Albertina Museum in Vienna
- Philippe Piguet, art critic and independent curator
Christine Phal’s personal dedication, with the support of the Drawing Society, allows to
- organize diverse events for all audiences
- produce four exhibitions a year
- publish catalogues
- provide free entry to everyone
The venue’s mission is to disseminate contemporary drawing to many audiences.
The Drawing Hotel is a four-star boutique hotel with 48 rooms near Palais Royal in the center of Paris, created in 2017 by Carine Tissot, entrepreneur, art collector, and director of the DRAWING NOW Art Fair. Passionate about contemporary drawing, she gave 6 artists carte blanche to turn every corridor into a permanent work of art.
This warm and welcoming location, is open to the city and its inhabitants via its bar and courtyard patio. It also houses the Drawing Lab and its gift shop.
The Drawing Hotel is a unique destination and invitation to explore the art of contemporary drawing.